THE CONSTITUTION OF STUDENTS FORUM
Brief History of USTM Students Forum:
The USTM Students Forum is constituted with a group of selected students in the year 2014 with an aim to make the students participate in the development of the Institute and develop their career, personality and organizational skills through interactive programs with the faculty, administration and society.
The selected portfolio holders are the student leaders participate in the planning and assist the administration and faculties to organise/conduct various events and rallies. They also assist administration with events for the local community such as planation drives, welfare activities, blood donations campaigns, etc. Student council members bring ideas, requests, and feedback to the meetings and a democratic process is used to give students a voice and make decisions. Students who participate in student councils, under the supervision of Director Students Affairs, learn about the democratic process, civic responsibility, leadership, problem solving, and teamwork.
The Students Forum of University of Science &Technology, Meghalaya is a selected representation of the students community. The purpose of the forum is to serve as a welfare body formed for the benefit of the students community. The student’s forum is to serve as a channel through which the students community can voice their opinions and concerns to the management. The forum also ensures the participation of the students in various activities and events to create a healthy environment pave the way for making USTM a centre of excellence.
To inculcate the leadership quality through participation and exposure and deliver back the responsible citizens to the society for nation building.
- Involving students in meaningful, purpose-oriented activities.
- Helping each student to develop a sincere regard for law and order appropriate to this democratic society and by leading each individual in developing a sense of personal responsibility and earned self-respect.
- By helping create harmonious relationships among faculty, administration, student body and the community.
- By providing organized services to the university in the interest of the general
- By promoting opportunities for leadership among student body
- To promote sense of integrity and duty towards the Country and thus develop the students social
- To promote the cultural and intellectual development of the
- To promote leadership, interaction and knowledge
- To promote the students to learn team work and develop organisational
2. ORGANIZATION AND ORGANIZATIONAL PRINCIPLES:
- Each office bearer is expected to abide by the ethics and vision highlighted in the statutes of the
- Each office bearer is expected to comply with established procedures and practices expected of students of
- It is established that each office bearer adheres to the established communication procedure followed at the USTM and report any grievance, any other feedback to the appropriate authority with a copy to the Director of Student
- All office bearers are expected to maintain a consistently good academic performance and lead a well-disciplined life in the
- The forum has to ensure the functioning of the various sub committees under the Students Forum though it shall not interfere the day to day functions, activities and the governance of the committees which will work under the general policy
3. Following are the major Portfolios of the Students Forum:
- Chief Coordinator
- Joint Chief Coordinator
- Coordinator of Sports
- Coordinator of Cultural Activities
- Coordinator of Debate and Symposium
- Coordinator of Literary and Magazine
- Executive Members
- Class Representative (CR)
- Joint Class Representative (JCR)
The student portfolio holders of the Students Forum shall hold office from 1st September of the ensuing year for a period of 1 year.