General Guidelines of Admission:
RULES FOR ADMISSION TO VARIOUS PROGRAMME FOR SESSION 2021-22:
How to obtain Application Forms
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM:
Submission of Application Form for UG and PG Programme:
(i) Online application may be submitted by visiting University Website www.ustm.ac.in by following the Apply Online link. Through the page connect with entranceform.com an applicant can submit the complete application form in different steps. The prescribed application fee of Rs. 700/ (For MBA Rs.1000/- and Ph.D. Rs.1500/-) may be paid through Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card.
(ii) Prescribed application form for Diploma, UG , PG and Ph.D. programme that obtained by paying necessary fee and completed application in all respects shall be submitted either in person or by post, to the office of the Registrar on or before last date of submission of application form. Admission forms will be accepted in office between 09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. on all working days.
(iii) The Application Fee is non-refundable and no correspondence on this subject will be entertained.
(iv) Three recent (passport size) coloured photographs duly self-attested should be affixed on the application form. Application forms with different photographs are liable to be rejected. These photographs are to be pasted with gum and should not be stapled or pinned. Photocopies of photographs are not acceptable.
(v) Candidates are required to fill an application form in his/her own handwriting. If a candidate submits more than one application form for the same course, his/ her candidature is liable to be rejected.
(vi) Application Form must be filled in and duly signed by the applicant.
(vii) Incomplete application form (s) shall be summarily rejected.
(viii) The last dates for acceptance of application form for each of the courses will be notified from time to time.
(ix) It must be noted that Application Forms will also be accepted by Mail/ Courier at the Office of the Registrar upto the last date of acceptance of forms, as specified in the Admission Schedule. Any form received by any means say Registered Post, Speed Post or by Courier Services, after the last date, as specified in the Admission Schedule shall be rejected.
Submission of Application Forms for Ph.D. programme:
Application form along with the general guidelines for admission to Ph. D. Programme may be downloaded from USTM’s website at www.ustm.ac.in. The duly filled up application form along with a demand draft of Rs. 2000/- drawn in favour of USTM is to be submitted in the office of the Registrar, USTM.
Online application may be submitted by visiting University Website www.ustm.ac.in followed by Apply Online link. The page connect with entranceform.com where applicant can submit the complete application form in different steps. The prescribed application fee of Rs.2000/ (Rupees two thousand only) may be paid through Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card and crossed DD.
REQUIREMENT AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION:
The mark sheets/certificate in accordance with the eligibility requirements for admission as mentioned in the prospectus.
Proof of age based on the certificate of High School /Secondary School or an equivalent examination.Ø
Character Certificate from the institution last attended.Ø
Experience Certificate for candidates if any.Ø
Proof of entitlement for reserved category issued by the competent authority.Ø
No objection Certificate from present employer if any.Ø
In case an intervening period / gap is involved a affidavit from Notary Public for the entire intervening period/gap showing candidate’s pre occupation and non indulgence in any criminal activities after leaving the Institution last attended will be required.Ø
Proof of permanent address as declared in the Application FormØ
It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to ensure his/her eligibility before applying for admission to a particular programme. No claim of any sort in this matter shall be entertained.Ø
Applicants are advised to read all the instructions given in the Prospectus carefully before filling up the Application Form.Ø
Selection Procedure :
For Diploma, UG and PG programmes : Admission will be based on Merit (percentage secured in last qualifying examination) and Personal Interview.
For MBA Programme : Admission will be based on written test (USTM-CAT) followed by personal interview (PI) and Group discussion (GD). Candidates having valid score card of CAT/MAT/XMAT etc will be exempted from USTM-CAT and such candidate may directly appear for PI and GD. The final merit list for admission in MBA will be prepared considering percentage of marks in the qualifying examination, score of USTM-CAT/MAT/CAT/XMAT and marks obtain in PI and GD.
For B.Ed, B.Pharm, D.Pharm, BPT, BA LLB, Programme : Admission will be based on the entrance test followed by personal interview (PI).
For Ph.D. Programme : Admission will be based on Written Test followed by Personal Interview/ Presentation.
RULES RELATING TO ADMISSION:
1. List of selected candidates shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the School/ Department/ Centre concerned as well as at USTM’s website. No intimation to the selected candidates will be sent by post. The candidates shall be required to get their admission completed by the date given in the schedule.
2. Admission will be allowed only after due verification of all original documents by the verifying officer of the university.
3. All the candidates are required to submit Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate in original within 60 days from the date of admission, failing which the admission of the student is liable to be cancelled.
4. The candidate shall take admission on payment of prescribed admission fee as given in the Fee Structure in the accounts section of the university.
5. If a candidate fails to complete the admission formalities by the prescribed date, he / she will automatically forfeit his/her right of admission.
6. Admission of a candidate may be cancelled at any time, if any information furnished by the candidate at the time of admission is found to be incorrect or that the candidate has been wrongly admitted due to any reason.
7. No candidate will be allowed to take up a job while pursuing a full time programme. Those who are employed at the time of admission, will be required to produce a certificate of leave / NOC from their employer within one month from the date of admission failing which their admission will be cancelled.
8. Candidate studying a regular full time programme in USTM will not be allowed to take any other full time programme simultaneously either from USTM or any other university / Institution . However student may take Career Oriented Programmes of UGC, MOOCs programme and Add On programme of USTM.
9. The University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya recognizes the degrees of all central universities, state universities, institutions of national importance and reputed foreign universities, provided their equivalence has been established by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Besides, the university also recognizes certain qualifications in form of degrees awarded in Distance Mode approved by MHRD/UGC/ DEB-AICTE
GENERAL RULES REGARDING FEES AND ACCOUNTS:
(i) Fees shall be accepted by the accounts section of the USTM in cash/DD/credit card/debit card.
(ii) All fees are payable in lump sum at the time of admission. Course-wise Fees is shown in the prospectus.
(iii) Part payment is not allowed except in those programme, which have notified this facility in the prospectus.
(iv) Fee can be paid without Late Fee: Within 15 days from the date of commencement of the academic session or by the prescribed date, whichever is earlier.
(v) (With a Late Fee of Rs.500/) Within 10 days from the last date given on the programme Schedule
(vi) (With a Late Fee of Rs. 1000/) Within one month from the last date given on the payment Schedule.
(vii) If the fee is not deposited within the time limit fixed at clause (v) and (vi) his / her name will be struck off from the rolls but he / she may only be readmitted after getting permission from the Vice-Chancellor with an additional late fee of Rs. 2500/-.
(viii) Additional fee for activities like educational tour / excursion/project work/field visit/camps etc. are to be borne by the students.
(ix The fee given in the website is only for the students admitted in the academic session 2019-20.
(xi) If the last date for payment of fees falls on holiday, the fees shall be paid on the next working day without fine.
(xii) Fee deposited through prescribed fee slip within due date (given on fee-slip) shall be accepted for the purpose of admission. No correspondence shall be entertained for refund/adjustment etc., if payment was not made on proper fee slip issued by the authorized office and / or within due date.
NOTE :All fees and charges, wherever given in the Prospectus, are subject to revision even during the commencement of a new academic session.
To withdraw admission, the student should submit a written application to the Registrar of the University before commencement of class. Following amount will be refunded based on the date of submission application as per following schedule :
|i. Before 15 days from commencement of Class||90%|
|ii. Up to 15 days from commencement of Class||80%|
|iii. After 15 days but before 30 days from commencement of Class||50%|
|iv. More than 30 days from commencement of Class||Nil|
NB: For detail information you can write us
email@example.com or WhatsApp 98541-57798