Admission for Ph.D. Programme:
USTM offers Ph.D. Programmes in following subjects/discipline:
||Name of Programme
||Name of Programme
||Food Science & Technology
- Interdisciplinary research can also be carried out taking two or more discipline as mentioned below:
How to obtain Application Form & Prospectus:
- Candidate seeking admission to any of the above mentioned courses at University of Science & Technology (USTM), during the academic session 2019(July) Batch can fill up online application through “Apply Online” link in the home page of the website. After filling up of all relevant information given in the online form applicant may submit the form after payment of application fee of Rs 2000 only through Net banking/Debit Card/Credit card. After submission of online form, applicant will receive a copy of the acknowledgment to their registered E-mail and they may keep a hard copy of the acknowledgment for future reference. Hard copy of the acknowledgment need not required to send /submit to the university.
- Candidate may download the form & prospectus from university website www.ustm.ac.in. Fee of the form may be paid at the time of submission of the form in cash or DD of any nationalized bank drawn in favour of “University of Science and Technology, Meghalaya” payable at Guwahati.
- The Application form & Prospectus may also be obtained by sending a crossed Demand Draft(DD) of any nationalized bank with amount of Rs.2200/ drawn in favour of “University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya” payable at Guwahati along with a self addressed envelope of 30 X 25 cm size. IPO/ Cheque/MO will not be accepted.4. The Application Fee is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
Submission of Application Form
- Three recent (passport size) colored photographs duly self-attested should be affixed on the application form. The application forms with different photographs are liable to be rejected. These photographs are to be pasted with gum and should not be stapled or pinned. Photocopies of photographs are not acceptable.2. Application Form must be filled in and duly signed by the applicant/parent/guardian. If a candidate submits more than one application form for the same course, the reason may be explained by the candidate. Incomplete application form (s) shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates whose results have not been declared may also apply for admission, provided they are able to submit the result/ certificate of the qualifying examination before the last date of admission for respective programmes. Any subsequent production of result/ certificate of the qualifying examination shall not vest in the candidate any right of admission.
Completely filled up applications may be sent by speed post/ general post/courier to campus office address as follows:
University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya
Technocity, 9th Mile, Kling Road
Baridua, (Opp. CRPF Group Centre Gate No. 2)
Admission will be based on the (i)50% weightage from the academic credentials and (ii)50% from entrance Test & personal interview. However, candidate having NET/SLET will be exempted from written test. Such candidate will appear in personal interview only. The list of selected candidates as per the performance will be uploaded to the website of the university.