To encourage the students to qualify NET, GATE, SLET, IAS, or any other top-level competitive examinations conducted by State & Central Govt., University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya (USTM) has introduced the Pay Back Policy wherein students of the University who qualify these prestigious examinations shall get back their fees. Special Coaching & Guidance facilities are provided for the aspirants of various competitions. Expert faculty from other institutions are invited to take special classes in the morning, evening & during Holidays. Free refreshment & transport facilities are provided for the aspirant. There is a special study materials section in every department under the supervision of the Faculty NET coordinator. There is a special Library for the various competitive examinations having more than 20,000 books along with numbers of national Newspapers & Magazines.
The policy states the following:
UGC- CSIR NET/SLET:
- Students qualifying NET/SLET will get back their entire fees from 1stsemester to last semester including Admission Fees.
- Passed out students who will qualify NET/SLET within 6 months of completing his/her Masters will get back their entire fees on the occasion of the Orientation Programme every year.
- Alumni who qualify NET/SLET within 1 year of completing his/her Masters will get back 50% of their entire fees.
- Alumni who qualify NET/SLET between 1 year to 2 years of completing his/her Masters will get back 25% of their entire fees.
- All Data of the aspirant is to be complied with before examination by the NET officer with the help of the Departmental NET coordinator & Registration Number to be kept in record for various information.
- After the declaration of the result, data to be collected of successful students for immediate felicitation & then Pay Back ceremony.
- Greetings to be displayed in front of the department giving photographs of the successful students.
- Details report will be communicated with the PRO for Press release & social media coverage.
UPSC-IAS/IPS/IRS & Allied Services:
- Students qualifying for IAS will get Rs 5,00,000/- (Rupees Five Lakhs).
- Students qualifying IPS will get Rs 3,00,000/- (Rupees Three Lakhs).
- Students qualifying IRS & Allied Services will get Rs 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs).
State Public Service Commission:
- Students qualifying State Public Service Commission or any other top-level competitive examinations conducted by State & Central Govt will get back their entire fees. The facility will be continued up to 1-year after passing out from USTM
Any Other Officer Level Competitive Examinations:
- Students who qualify for any other officer Level Competitive Examinations like Bank PO, Railway, etc will be rewarded with a cash award of Rs 25,000/- along with a certificate & Memento.
- Students qualifying GATE/Indian Engineering Services (IES) etc will be rewarded with a cash award of Rs 50,000/- along with a certificate & Memento.
The Payback Ceremony at the University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya is organized grandly, wherein Eminent Academicians and renowned personalities are invited to motivate and encourage the students, along with the handover of cheques and mementos to the Qualifying Candidates.
Other Incentives & Rewards:
Based on various success & outstanding achievements Management may offer incentives & rewards to the performer students like sports, culture &other extra-curricular /co curricular activities.
Pay Back Committee:
Academic Registrar Chairman
Faculty In-charge Convener
NET Officer Member Secretary
All NET coordinator Members
For any clarification and Details NET Convener/ NET Officer or NET Coordinators may be contacted.