Dr. Sanchita Roy
Assistant Professor & HoD
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION: M.Sc., Ph.D.
SPECIALIZATION: Optoelectronics & Photonics; Biophotonics; Laser Physics; Nanoscience & Nanotechnology
- Investigation on small particles of different origin by using light scattering technique based on experimentation and simulation. Design, fabrication and development of novel instruments for optical measurement for characterization of particulate matter. Fabrication of different types of nanoparticles and their analysis using light scattering techniques. Data analysis using scattering theories and simulation.
- Worked as Principal Investigator in the DST, Ministry of Science and Technology, India, supported project under the Women-Scientist –A scheme during 2008-2012.
- Presented INVITED TALK at the virtual workshop conducted by College of Science, Mustansyriah University, Iraq, 2nd June, 2020.
- Presented INVITED TALK at Virtual Conference on Contemporary Research in Physics 2020, organized by Post Graduate Department of Physics, Vijaya College, Bangalore, 17th- 19th December, 2020.
- Presented INVITED TALK at the 5th International Conference on Nanotechnology for Better Living held at NIT Srinagar, jointly organized by NIT Srinagar & IIT Kharagpur, 7- 11 March, 2019, Srinagar, Kashmir, India.
- Contributed Oral presentation in the XVIIth Electromagnetic and Light scattering conference organized by NASA GISS and Texas A&M University , at Texas A&M University, College Station, U.S.A, 04- 09 March 2018.
- Contributed Oral presentation (Research paper) in the LAMP (Laser, Atomic and Molecular Physics) talks at The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy in 2015.
- Contributed Oral presentation (Research paper) in the 13th Electromagnetic and Light Scattering Conference at University of Messina, Italy in 2011.
- Contributed Oral presentation (Research paper) in the 12th Electromagnetic and Light Scattering Conference at University of Helsinki, Finland in 2010.
- Recepient of “Dayawati Rastogi National Award” for Best Research paper presentation in the National conference of Laser and Optical Sciences held at DHSK College, Dibrugarh in 2010.
- 2018 onwards: Supervising Research scholar Shri Haydar Hussain Mollah in the Ph.D course.
- 2019 onwards: Supervising Research scholar Shri Abu Bakar Siddique in the Ph.D course.
- 2018-2020: Supervised 07 students in M.Sc project and dissertation
- 2017-2019: Supervised 07 students in M.Sc project and dissertation.
- 2016-2018: Supervised 16 students in M.Sc project and dissertation.