- What is BA Administrative Service?
BA Administrative Service is a 3-year Undergraduate Program. The course is designed to help civil service aspirants to prepare for UPSC examinations during the period of their graduation.
A student will be able to get a regular BA degree and also simultaneously prepare for civil service examination. A student can opt for any one optional subject either from Sociology, Sociology, Political Science, History, Geography or Psychology and all other subjects are covered through four allied papers in each semester covering the latest UPSC syllabus. At the end of 3 years a students will be fully prepared to appear for the UPSC examination along with his/her BA degree
- Mission & Vision
- To provide a nurturing environment for development of healthy personality of students and acquire the expertise to crack the competitive exams like UPSC and State Services.
- Acquire strong foundation in the basics of General studies for competitive exams like IAS/IPS/IFS along with Graduation degree
- Inculcate competitive spirit, hard work, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Develop communication, analytical, decision making, leadership, problem solving and human relation skills.
- Acquire knowledge on basic terminology and theories prevalent across disciplines.
- Apply the methods and theories of social science to contemporary social, economic and administrative issues
- Why this Course is useful for UPSC examination?
The BA Administrative Service is designed for students who aspire to prepare for competitive examinations like UPSC Civil services. The main objective behind, in one hand, to educate the targeted students in a particular subject and on the other hand, training them in various need based allied subjects of knowledge to make them competent and in ready state to face UPSC and other competitive examinations just after completion of BA Course. This will not only help the students in saving time and money but also make them up-to-date with the knowledge required for cracking civil service examination during their regular course of study without any additional preparation or spending extra time. However, if students could not qualify any competitive examination they can pursue higher education in their main optional subject studied during graduation.
It is also useful to the students who have interest in social sciences and who intend to pursue further studies and academic research in these areas. The program is expected to attract students not only from traditional Arts groups but also from commerce and science groups who have desire in competitive examinations.
- Who can join this Course? Eligibility
The eligibility of the course will be 10+2 from any stream with minimum 70% marks (10% relaxation for reserved categories) to appear for the entrance test followed by personal interview.
The candidate will be assessed on their educational performance, sincerity, passion, commitment, discipline and punctuality among other traits during the interview process.
- Selection Procedure:
The students will be selected through an entrance test to be conducted in different centers across the North Eastern Region. The proposed locations for the test centers are: USTM, 9th Mile, Shillong, Badarpur, Jorhat and Lower Assam depending on the number of applications.
The proposed entrance Test will be conducted in the 1st week of June, 2019.
- Commencement of Class:
The classes will be tentatively held from the 3rd week of June, 2019
- What is Pay Back policy?
Any student qualifying UPSC Civil service examination will be paid back his/her entire course fees from 1st semester onwards.
- Scholarship and Concession:
Students who are meritorious and financially weak are eligible for fee concession and merit scholarships up to 100%.
- What is Optional Subject?
Students can opt for one optional subject from the following:
2) Political Sc
More optional subjects will be introduced in due course of time based on demand.
- What is Allied Subjects?
Each Semester the syllabus comprises of Two Optional papers and Four Allied papers. The Allied papers will tentatively cover the entire syllabus of UPSC examinations. The Allied papers of BA Administrative Service are as follows:
b) Governance & Administrative Services
c) History & Society
d) Computer Fundamentals
e) Basic Science
f) Science & Environmental Studies
g) Basic Communicative English
h) Economy & Contemporary Events
|i) International Relations & Internal Security
j) Administrative Ethics
k) Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation
l) Administrative English
m) Indian Heritage, Art & Culture
n) Applied Ethics & Case Studies
o) Descriptive Writing
- How this course is more appropriate for civil service aspirant than any other traditional courses?
Traditional undergraduate program only provide one dimensional knowledge of subject he/she opted for; whereas, BA Administrative Service will give a comprehensive knowledge required for preparation of civil service examinations.
- What is Today & Tomorrow?
Today & Tomorrow (T&T) is a unique paper in each semester to update and assess the students’ knowledge of current affairs. T&T will help the students to regularly keep update about the recent happenings and developments around the world in different subjects through regular reading of Newspapers, Magazines and Web portals.
The students will be assigned to read 5 National Newspapers, 5 Magazine and 3 leading news portals. At the every month a MCQ Test will be conducted covering the above contents. This paper will only be of qualifying nature which will not be considered semester assessment. However in order to get promoted to the next semester each student has to secure minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- What is Review paper?
From the end of second semester onward a comprehensive review paper/examination will be conducted covering the entire syllabus that is taught in the previous semesters. The review paper will be conducted separately after the end of every semester examination. The Review paper will give a fair idea about the student’s present preparation status as well as her/his weak point while moving ahead. This paper will only be of qualifying nature which will not be considered semester assessment. However in order to get promoted to the next semester each student has to secure minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- What are the facilities available for the students of BA-Administrative Service?
- A comprehensive 3 years fully Residential Degree Program
- Well structured Module with academic as well as competitive exams orientation
- Visiting faculties from in-service, /retired IAS/IPS officers, senior civil servants and successful candidates on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Special focus on rural students /non English medium students.
- 100% scholarship for meritorious students
- A good library with best reference books for academic as well as competitive exams
- Individual focus on each and every student
- Highly experience faculty members having expertise in civil services coaching
- Regular group discussions, presentations and seminars
- Periodical evaluation of the students through Review papers and T&T
- Focus on communication skills and personality development
- Separate hostels for boys and girls
- Administrative Policy Project for a Semester exposing the IAS aspirants to understand administrative processes in rural and urban areas to formulate a better policy
- Extracurricular Activities like Debate, Elocution, Essay writing & Quiz Programmes will be organized
- What other higher education opportunities is available if students cannot crack UPSC exam?
In case the student is unable to crack UPSC exam, he/she shall be in a very sound position to qualify other prestigious competitive examinations.
Moreover, such students can also pursue higher education in their main optional subject studied during graduation as well as several professional programs like MBA, LLB etc.
- Why Sunday is Working day?
In order to give hands on practical training to the would be aspirants, the University plans to invite young on service IAS and IPS officers to classes and share their experiences with the students as visiting faculties. To facilitate their classes Sunday has been kept as a Working Day and Friday as weekly holiday.
SYLLABUS FOR ENTRANCE EXAM:.
It will be a 100 marks paper, which will be included 75 multiple choice questions and remaining 25 marks will be Essay type questions based on Current –Affairs.
List of topics will be covered in the Entrance exam are-
- History & Geography of Assam & North East.
- Indian Economy ( Upto Class XII)
- Indian Polity (Upto Class XII)
- Aptitude & reasoning (Upto Class X)
- Current Affairs.( National & International)
- Indian Freedom Movement.( Upto Class X)
Date of Entrance: The entrance examination is rescheduled to 9th June, 2019(Sunday). Time: 10.00 AM onwards
For Details Please Contact: 098640-26097 , 09954708001